Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Read Aloud Journal #1


I began my read aloud by asking Grace Anne what she thought this book was about. She answered, "I think flowers and maybe rainbows." As we continued to read through the book she would point to a picture of a flower and say "ooo I like this one" or "that flower is my favorite color". When we finished the book I asked her if she remembered how the book explained how to plant flowers and she told me most of the steps. She said you have to plant the bulb and water the ground and plants begin to grow.

This was a fun book to read to Grace Ann but some of the names of flowers were really difficult even for me to pronounce. This would be a fun book to read to a class or even just a child and then have them plant a flower and watch it grow.

No comments: